Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Painting 5: Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit - 05/09/13
Medium: Acrylic on canvas
Size: around 16x20in
Reference: The Ugli Fruit at Mariano's (the grocery store)
Time: Way too long :)
The assignment for this piece was to make something ugly artistically beautiful. I took this literally and painted a couple Ugli Fruit that I found at our Mariano's grocery store. I did this piece in acrylic and it was very difficult, but I've come to really enjoy the medium. This was also my first time ever working with canvas which I found to be a very challenging material that needs a lot of paint. I've been working on this piece for months and it is finally finished. Though at first I was not too enthusiastic about this project, I really came to enjoy painting it. I especially loved adding in all of the background detail. I had the most fun painting the transparent plastic sign holders. The hardest part of this piece was doing the lettering on the sign. This piece is currently displayed at my school's end of year art show.
Piece in Progress:


No comments:

Post a Comment